Sunday, April 8, 2012

Boring but Necessary


Thought I would share the boring task of moving these huge bales of hay with those who read my blog - just so you know what I do with my days. As you might have read I got hay delivered just as our Spring storm really cranked up and dumped me a ton of snow. So, then when I wanted to move the hay the winds were so bad that I could not even attempt opening up the hay. So Saturday at around 1 pm the wind finally stopped and like a mad women I ran outside and started moving hay. This time the bale flakes held together and so I was able to place a flat bed cart next to the bale and peel off a flake, have it land somewhat in the middle of the cart, then try to center the huge piece and start pulling it to the barns.


I kept thinking about a movie I was going to watch that night "The 10 Commandments" and a part where Mosses what working in the mud pit and this old man had to pull one leg up with his hands and then push it back down into the mud. I felt that same way as if I was walking in mud as I pulled this heavy load across the farm round after round... It is what I do and I tried to find joy - the lack of wind (that is a miracle) the birds signing, goats talking and Llama boy following me as if he was over seeing the task. After 4 hours the wind decided to return and so I had to stop my work.


Never fear it will be waiting for me when the sun rises the next day... So see how exciting my life can be. Try to find joy even in the mud pit...

2 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

I share your pain, at least right now with all the green grass I an only feeding a 1/2 bale of hay 2x a day to the shetlands and goats, all the dorpers, cows, ponies and the donkey are on grass. Summer will be a different story. But hey (diff than hay) we don't waste our money going to the gym.

larkspur funny farm said...

So true - I worked off any calories that I might consume today - too bad I did not have some Easter candy... I could have eaten a truck load. This morning every inch of this gal is hurting but the work got done...