Sunday, April 1, 2012

Musical Pastures Again

Mari and her Mother talking about the new pasture (What pasture with this drought) and their new guest...


One of the tasks I managed to get done before another wave of Yuck hit me on Saturday was to place the llama girls into the Southwest pasture and place the goat girls into the East pastures. That required many panels moved, tied, and huge feed bunkers moved. Once all that grunt work was done it was now time to move the ladies. I use that term because I will not type what I wanted to call them - I did not have the strength for running so brain power is in order. Really that was pressing my luck but after doing this for so long I have gained some tricks. After everyone was in their pastures and relaxing I crept back into the house to just sit and regroup.


After resting I was back out there to start the new training for the little girls. First off is getting them to leave Chief alone and second to get them to listen to him - Yeah right!! The best part of the day was when sunset was coming and that is when all babies want to play. The llama babies where pronging on every new inch of the pasture. That is when they look like they have springs for legs. They tried so many times to get Chief to play but the poor guy had enough of the silly behavior. He was gathering his strength for the night patrol. I think he knew what was coming - Skunked Again!! Poor Guy...


Sunday will be more training but for now it will be resting up for us all...

No comments: