Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday School Funny Farm Way



Sunday School is in session and off to a good start. After spending the night learning to listen to Chief it was time to bring in another teacher - Sherlock. This sweet Cashmere Billy is the wise leader of the Goat boys and a kind soul. Once weather permits I allow him to roam the farm as he sees fit and most nights he will park himself on the welcome mat outside the shop door (main level of the house) to protect me from what ever might come our way. He greeted me as always with kisses and wrapping his horns around me as if to give me a hug. He walked with me across the farm this morning while I explained his new task for our young llama girls. I train my llama's to guard all kinds of animals (yes, even the hens) and some would asked why would a goat with such horns required a guardian. This is a two way street at our farm - the big goat guys work with the llama's to protect all here. Once they understand the ways of the big guys the llama babies will then be taught the rules of the goat Mothers and Babies. My Goat Mothers are very protective so it is very important that all rules are spelled out before putting the Llama Babies in with them..


So Dottie was game right off the bat - following Sherlock and sucking up to his ego by sniffing his eyelashes. Goat communicate compassion by licking each others eyelashes. Dottie is a quick study. Mari however was not having anything to do with this new teacher. She even went over to Chief and stood next to him as if to say - "I pick him"... Chief got up and walked over to Sherlock and sat next to him in responds to Mari by say "You will LISTEN to him as well" - It is amazing to see how they truly understand their roles here.


School is in session and this school teacher is running out of steam so I will turn it over to my two head masters. I know they will teach the Llama Babies valuable lessons - one's that will not only save their lives but others here on the farm.

2 comments:

caprejan said...

Hope you too are feeling better, you have so much patience, I could do with coming to your Sunday school, I cant even get my goats to go into the tranchion without a struggle and a fight,however sweet and kind I am, the little blighters, I must be going wrong somewhere. I think you have the great gift of tranquility,The goat llama whisperer, you should write a book about it, (in your spare time of course) but do have a good day.

larkspur funny farm said...

How sweet you are to say so - there has been plenty of times when I look like a crazy lady running, waving my arms and screaming but with age I have also learned they run faster then I...

What I have found also is if I start out saying in my mind this is going to be a problem it usually is - so watch what you think because I think they read out thoughts - giggle, giggle..
A few of them would not wish to know what I am thinking - Devil Goat is at the top of the list...