Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Springtime in the Rockies



From 80 degrees on Sunday to six inches of snow and freezing temps on Tuesday... You know just in time for my hay delivery. I had to wait to get hay because of the horrible winds but Tuesday morning and the winds brought in a Spring Snow Storm the farm animals could not wait one more day. The hay was delivered as the huge truck almost took out my fence line, missed the propane tank and is now parked in my driveway because he could not get out...

As I always say around here "You think you have a plan - Think AGAIN"


Today we are told it might reach 56 degrees so that means pulling a sled through mud to get the hay to the animals, barns and storage spaces. Oh Well, at least we have food and yes some moisture.


If the hay man thought it was hard to get out of here with the snow wait till this melts. I tried to get him to get his truck farther down the driveway but you know men - they think they know it all... Should be interesting.


So have a great day everyone and make back up plans - if nothing else it gives you something to do while trapped by the weather.



6 comments:

Sheri said...

I had to chuckle over the title of your post. When I was a kid, my dad would sing "When It's Springtime In the Rockies" when he was building the fire in the woodstove when it snowed. I hope he is able to get his truck out without too much damage to the road. You sure have had your share of weird weather and then some!

larkspur funny farm said...

Truck still here and no word from him. Walked the farm this morning I lied I have more like a foot or more of snow... I just heard about the Tornadoes in Texas so I guess I will shut my mouth on this one...

Tombstone Livestock said...

Yes, better cold in Colorado than tornadoes in Texas. Too bad he didn't deliver while it was warm ... but I know all about those best laid plans.

caprejan said...

You still seem to be able to smile despite the difficulties, have a wonderful Easter break (may I say that) Oh I bet you wish. Sending lots of warm energyx

larkspur funny farm said...

Thanks Caprejan I send wonderful wishes your way as well.

Cherie said...

I saw the Funny Farm write up in Metro Magazine and had to followup with a visit to your site. What a neat enterprise you have. What classes do you offer?